By the end of the programme the graduates will be able to:
- Become sports educators for professional and recreational athletes and physical education teachers for children in elementary and secondary level schools.
- Work independently and as part of a team to examine theoretical and practical issues in sports science.
- Become self-directed in the area of sports science.
- Develop conceptual, operational, technical and practical skills that are required for achieving a successful career in the sports science field including physical education at local, national or international level.
- Enhance and develop leadership and mastery of sport and exercise science knowledge using current, practical and scientific models that will in turn promote interest in life-long learning.
- Display critical understanding when conducting basic research in sport science and physical education as well as to facilitate the suitable background for postgraduate studies in sports science and relevant areas.